Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ain't nobody like this desi girl...

A lot is being said about how different you look? Is it plastic surgery?
It's just the confidence that comes from finding acceptance. When you're accepted you become more comfortable in your space. And that shows in your personality. Every Priyanka Chopraactor goes through this metamorphosis and has shown it in the way he or she looks. Why am I being singled out? I've only now begun to understand camera angles. I know which side of my face and physique to present to the camera within the range of character.

When did this metamorphosis happen?
I think I grew conscious of my best angles and ability during "Drona". It actually began when I focused on looking like two different characters in "Love Story 2050". "Drona", "Fashion", "Dostana" and "Kaminey" made me realise my potential.

Did you enjoy working with Shahid Kapoor in Vishal Bhardwaj's "Kaminey"?
Oh he's a smashing actor.
I've already wrapped up "Kaminey". Now I'm shooting with Harman in "What's Your Raashee".

This has been the year of Priyanka Chopra?
The fact that my films did well made me happy. Every time my film flops, my heart breaks. Whether it was "Love Story 2050" or "Drona", I worked so hard on every project. I hate it when people say I've sleepwalked through a film. I've never had the chance to go to acting school. I've learnt everything I know about acting on the job. It took me a long time to come into my own. In 2008 I finally began to understand the craft of acting. I watch people like Kay Kay Menon and Jayaji on the sets and I feel I'm still taking baby steps.....Continue